Register a Trademark in the United States — $600.00 + Government fee of $325.00
In today’s business world, protecting your trademark or trade name is essential to prevent someone from using your intellectual property without permission or against your interests. If you need to protect your trademark, your company logo or slogan, Regojo Law can help register your trademark or trade name with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. You must ensure that your company has adequate protection of its brand and name. If not, someone can take advantage of your success, copy your brand or counterfeit your products.
Why register your trademark in the United States
- A trademark prevents others from using your name, slogan or logo, or using a name similar to your mark without permission.
- It serves as evidence of ownership of the brand
- Jurisdiction of federal courts of the United States
- Registration in the United States can be used as the basis for registration in a foreign country.
- Registration can be submitted to the U.S. Customs to prevent importation of infringing foreign goods.
With Regojo Law, you can register your trademark with the Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) starting at $600, plus the government fee of $ 325. We also research the USPTO database to determine whether there are any competing marks that may conflict with yours, thus barring registration.
We can submit an application to register your trademark in 2-3 business days after receiving all required materials, including a sample of the mark being registered (the sample must be a photo, not the actual product).
* Remember that filing an application with the USPTO does not guarantee that your mark will be approved. There are many factors that the USPTO considers when analyzing this request, and it is impossible to determine what the USPTO will decide with your request.
What do I need to register my trademark in the United States?
- You have to be selling the product or offering the service in the United States
- Alternatively, you must have the intention of offering the product or service in the United States within six months after registration, or
- Have the trademark registered in a foreign country
- You must send a photo of your product with the mark clearly visible, or provide other evidence of the use of the brand
- There is no requirement to be a citizen or resident of the United States
- You must have an agent in the US if you are not a US resident (we can serve as your agent).
**If you are not currently using your mark, the fee is $675 plus the government fee of $425. The government charges a fee to file a declaration of use (which must be filed within six months of registration). Additional extensions of time cost $150 for a six month extension.
If you are interested in this service, please fill out our side bar contact form and Mr. Regojo will contact you shortly.